Thursday, July 24, 2014

.
 
Craigslist is dismal. Connection and relationship is the way forward here. I need your help to find my next place to live.

 
FINDER’S BONUS: If you find my rental house for me, you get a pie a month for a year. Really. Even if you have gluten/dairy/sugar sensitivities. I make great pie. Find my house, and you’ll be eating pie every month for a whole year. Details below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I moved to PDX last fall & perched just outside the city while I explored new neighborhoods. It's time to put down some roots and make a home here.

Here’s what I need:
  • Single family house or duplex/triplex, 1-2 bedrooms.
  • Fenced or fence-able private yard.
  • close-in SE - NE - East side of North neighborhoods.
  • I prefer to stay inside 65th-ish—but I won’t rule out the right place a little further out. (no 100th+ please)
  • Rent $1350/month (less would be great, of course). I know it's crazy for Portland, but it will happen.
  • Flexible move-in dates: anytime between Sept. 15th & Nov.15th.
  • Year lease, or sub-lease, with longer term lease possible if it’s a great place & you want a long-term tenant.

Here’s who I am:
  • Single, non-smoking, super-responsible.
  • Licensed psychotherapist, writer, and grief advocate. 
  • I leave places better than I found them.
  • I find a place I love, & I stay put: before moving to Oregon, I lived in the same apartment for 8 years.
  • I have a 13 year old, very mellow, 65# dog. And two equally mellow cats.
  • I’m a Master Gardener in both Maine & Oregon, volunteer for the Portland Fruit Tree Project, and know a crazy amount about plants & flowers.

 
Most important is a fenced, or fence-able, yard: my sweet old dog needs a safe place to hang out, roll in the grass, and occasionally chase a ball around. He spends most of his day asleep in patches of sunlight. Big enough yard for a garden and maybe a few chickens would be extra great.
 

Enough about me. You want to know about your pie.

 
When your lead connects me with my house, you win a pie a month for a whole year. If you're local to PDX, I'll even deliver (outside of PDX, we'll figure out creative shipping!). You can even request your favorites: a year of cream & custard pie variations? (sure.) Any kind, as long as it's gluten free? (no problem.) Can I have all of my pies during the holiday season? (yeah, probably.)
 
If two of you find my house, I'll make you each a year of pies.
 
Here's the thing: I need you. I don't know this place yet. I'm more than willing to trade something I do really well (make pies & feed people) for something you do really well (scout out the cool things and connect people to them).
 
When you find a promising lead, send me a text, tweet, or email (details below). If that lead turns into my house, I'll be in touch with you to talk about your pies.

 

 

Any leads are most welcome.

You find my next home, you get a lot of pie.


Here's how you can reach me:
text: 207 632 2124 
email megan at refugeingrief (dot) com
or twitter @refugeingrief
 
 
Thanks for your attention, and let's talk soon.
~ Megan 
 
.